My dragon is coming along although I made a very bad mistake. I didn’t use the pattern layout and I made one wing template to sew around instead of tracing two wings like the pattern called for. I didn’t think about fabric layout so when I made my wings I ended up with two that were the same, which doesn’t work when you have a left and right wing. I had the main fabric on the right side of one and the underside fabric on the right side of the other. Ugh. Luckily I had JUST enough fabric to make one more. Here’s it is so far – rather flat!
Thought I’d share a tip. I use quilter’s applique pins for dolls a lot of the time. They are really small so work great for dolls. Here’s a comparison pic of them with regular pins. Even though I pinned the heck out of this, I hand basted the neck pieces before I sewed them – much easier than dealing with a ton of pins when you are machining and worth the extra time it took. There’s no reason to hurry though your sewing.