Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Our little doll club met here at my house this month but I forgot to take any pictures. Everyone decided that my studio was way more inspirational than the library so we are going to meet here next month also. We are working on a Sherry Goshon doll, I probably should have picked a less complicated pattern though. Oh well, too late now.
I am also still working through the Lifebook lessons at a snail's pace. This piece was made combining two lessons, it was a lot of fun and I liked it enough to frame it and take it to work.
Thought I would share my favorite faces from this challenge. This was the first time I did this challenge and it was a lot of fun. The idea was to draw a face every day in February. Because I was out of town a lot I didn't manage to do a face every day but I did at least half the month. It was a really good practice for making doll faces. Not all my faces came out really well, some were absolutely horrible and I actually shared those over on Facebook. I'm not going to put them here because I don't want to be reminded of them, LOL. So here they are.
Here is my week 7 challenge for The Documented Life Project. I photoshopped the words on top so I could use it as a card but the original in my planner is just plain. This was fast and dirty. Seriously. I did a lot of spraying, splattering, and finger painting. Even after scrubbing and a shower my fingers are still stained!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
I thought it would be fun for Halloween to put my Severed Hand Pincushion Pattern up for sale for 50% off .. so it’s just $3.00 right now … it’s a fun little pattern that teaches you to make the hand, dye the hand bruised and bloody, and make the glove. You can use it for a pincushion or do what I do – put it in odd spots as a Halloween decoration. People do tend to notice these!
The hand below was made using cotton fabric – the pattern calls for wool felt but you can make it in just about anything. I have this hand on my desk at work right now. 🙂
I decided that I need a push to finish some of the many projects that are in various states of completeness in my studio. To that end I suggested to my Dreamers that we have a challenge wherein we finish one project a month. They will send me photos to post in the members only section of Doll Street – we’ll do the befores and then see where we go with the ‘after’s. This is what I’m hoping will be my first project to work on – remember this? The button jar? We’ll see what happens! Especially because, thanks to Kai, I have the CUTEST little Goth Bat Doll pattern sitting on my desk!!!
I’ve admired Mimi’s pincushion teacups since I first saw them and was really happy when she came out with directions on how to make your own. I’ve had the tutorial for a while and after much searching found a couple of great teacups at the thrift store on the Army base. This weekend I gave it a whirl. Although Mimi calls for wool felt I used mainly fleece – just because I only have one color of wool felt on hand at the moment! Luckily I had wool for the house – I don’t think it would have worked as well in fleece. Haven’t decided if I’m going to keep it, put in in the Stash (which now takes 40% commission so I’d have to price it skyhigh!) or put it on Etsy. At any rate – it was lots of fun to make and really quick!
I’m not sure this little girl should go live with Ruby. She’s really demanding and has a foul mouth. I was doing her hair and she started talking to me and she wasn’t nice about it either. I said .. “Excuse me?” She said her name was Cassie, she was from Texas, and she wanted big hair. I was like .. oookay. Then she said she wanted blond highlights. What? Raggedies don’t have highlights. She didn’t care and said if I didn’t give them to her .. well, she started badmouthing and threatening me. So I gave in. Then she refused, absolutely refused, to wear the slippers I made her. Said that if they weren’t stilletos she wasn’t going to wear them. Fine. She can go barefoot. I don’t care. I told her that I didn’t like her attitude and that I wasn’t sure I was going to send her to live with a 3 year old. She shut up after that – hasn’t said another word!
If you’ve followed my blog for a while you know that I call the Annie’s I make for cancer patients Hope dolls. Although I make them with love, I sure don’t like *having* to make them. This one, in progress, is for a three year old with leukemia.
I’m using a free pattern I got from Bowls-n-Annies. I just fell in love with it when someone first posted about her give-away and I’ve been looking for an excuse to make one. As usual,. mine looks nothing like the pattern. First off, I was playing with bias and I ended up with a triangular head instead of a round one, lol. Then the pattern called for painting shoes and stripes but I didn’t want to do that so I used some striped fabric I had in my stash instead. I really like how the stripes bend over the foot so I think I’m going to leave it like that. Maybe make a pair of shoes from felt. I bet she’ll be cute when she gets her little gown and hair.
Oh – and this is the hospital gown that I made for her too – the doll’s clothes will be made of matching material – even though the scale is way too big for the doll. This is made from a free pattern from Lazy Girl Designs. I couldn’t figure out why the back of the gown was so much longer than the front – when they both had a straight across hem. Anita told me to curve the hem and that worked great! Thanks, Anita!
You can’t tell but there is silver glitter embedded in the fabric. Very girly!
The instructions called for singeing the edges of the wings. I had an accident or two. I guess I’m out of practice at burning things. I’ll lose my Pyro status if I keep this up !!!!!